accesskeys - standards for which keys do what?

From: Chris Croome <chris@atomism.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 15:58:08 GMT
To: wai <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Hi

Appols if this has been answered in the past but I couldn't find a answer
searching the headers of the past years postings for accesskey...

Are there any standard access keys assignments? E.g. Alt-S for search or
whatever? And if not is there a danger that every site will have a different set
of keys for people to learn?

I have just knocked together a test site for a client and set up some access
keys:

www.webarchitects.co.uk/gcse_eng/

On reflection it was silly to set Alt-H to anything as it will prevent the Help
menu in the browser being accessed...

Anyone else have any comments - am I on the right track?

Chris

===
mailto:chris@atomism.demon.co.uk    chris croome
http://www.atomism.demon.co.uk/     homepage (inc pgp key)