RE: Addition to Page Authoring Guidelines....??

OK, here's my two cents worth (going for five cents)!
I'm blind, and find it very frustrating to here "picture" or "foo.jpg" or
"bullet" or any such nonsense. The "bullet" doesn't work because its too
verbose; the other examples don't work because they are functionally
inappropriate. In short, authoring tools might support two modes: strict
accessibility checking, and relaxed accessibility checking. Strict would
*always prompt* for an alt-text string; relaxed might use a default (null
might be preferable here). Note that if the image is an anchore
(clickable), relaxed mode and strict mode may be equivalent, basically
forcing the designer to put some description on the anchor.

					Rich