RE: suggestion

From: Robert C. Neff <rcn@fenix2.dol-esa.gov>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 13:50:42 -0500
To: "'Charles F. Munat'" <coder@acnet.net>
Cc: "w3c-wai-ig@w3.org" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
I disagree.  I enjoy emoticons and find them to be a part of life.  Its a
perspective, one that I find to be humorous or to apply a point.  I do also
appreciate emotional communications that is well written.  However, an <air
hug> is not a serious or deeply moving message.  Rather i find them to be a
humorous and a part of communication or expression, like slang or an idiom.

Some people will like to use emoticons and some people do not like to use
emoticons.  I can write a moving letter and i can also write a humorous
one.  Therefore, I am one that likes to use emoticons.  But we can agree to
disagree.

Rob Neff, and <air hug>