Example accessible CSS templates?

From: Steven McCaffrey <SMCCAFFR@MAIL.NYSED.GOV>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 10:45:34 -0500
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

I am new to CSS and am wondering if there are any example accessible templates.  Also, is it possible to create CSS in a text editor or basic word processor like Notepad?
Since tables in particular are generally difficult, though not impossible, to make accessible to people using screen reading technology which I myself use, are there any standard CSS layouts for tables
-Thanks in advance,

------
Steven McCaffrey
Information Technology Services