Can your browser and screen reader do this?

From: Leonard R. Kasday <kasday@acm.org>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 1999 12:27:01 -0500
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
I need to find out about how well browsers and screenreaders handle
pictures with selectable areas, i.e. image maps. I have a sample image map at

If you have a browser and screenreader... or a browser that combines those
functions, would you take a quick look and see if it reads the text labels
attached to the selectable area?  Please email results back to me at
kasday@acm.org   .

I'll post results back to the list.

I currently have access to two browsers. Only one of them sees the labels.
Leonard R. Kasday, Ph.D.
Universal Design Engineer, Institute on Disabilities/UAP, and
Adjunct Professor, Electrical Engineering
Temple University

Ritter Hall Annex, Room 423, Philadelphia, PA 19122
(215} 204-2247 (voice)
(800) 750-7428 (TTY)