Re: RealSlideshow

From: Greg Rice <gregrice@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 16:03:04 -0700
To: "Caylin Kingsail" <earth-to-net@monmouth.com>
Cc: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Hi,

I assume you're referring to RealSlideshow and that you are
responding to post on W3c list. I was excited to see the new
option for captioning on the web, but I have not tried it
yet. I am unfortunately moving like a slug on developing my
own accessible site. I will post URL as soon as the site is
decent. I do intend to test the RealSlideshow immediately,
however to help out some friends make their RealVideo
presentations more accessible. I'll post links for those as
soon as possible.

I come to coding and the technical stuff as a novice who
resists learning the details and insists that tech people
explain things to me simply. Like, why don't they have a
built in timer-programmer for media players like old
fashioned TV VCRs? Isn't the web supposed to be far in
advance of such old technologies?

thanks,

Greg