of mice and men, aka a European mirror?

From: jonathan chetwynd <jonathan@signbrowser.free-online.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 09:19:22 +0100
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Cc: <webmaster@w3.org>
Following our telephone conversation I tried to do some reading & research
at the w3c site. 8.45 am GST. Sunday. I particularly wanted to look at the
Guidelines, and its  threads.

A few points.

For quite a number of  tries www.w3.org  was reported fnf.

When I eventually got there, none of the links were available (fnf).

A link to the pages with the webmaster's interests took 2 minutes to load.

I did try another ISP with identical results.

After 45 minutes I have given up, for the present.
FYI www.whatisthematrix.com loaded instantly.
www.media.mit.edu   was also responsive.

Do we need a European mirror?

Sorry if I seem to be carping.
I have to plan my wading sessions, and this was one I missed.

jay@peepo.com

Please send us links to your favourite websites.
Our site www.peepo.com is a drive thru.
When you see a link of interest, click on it.
Move the mouse to slow down.
It is a graphical aid to browsing the www.
We value your comments.