Re: simple & understandable

At 12:29 PM 6/24/1999 , David Poehlman wrote:
>I am using the latest and greatest with images off and didn't even
>know there was an image.

For David's benefit, here's a longdesc/d-link description of the graphic.

"This graphic displays the relationship between the sections of this
 web site.

 A row of six icons with text labels is connected by straight lines to
 a central point that shows the Enabling Support Foundation logo, which
 is a helpful, upturned open hand reaching out.

 The first icon represents "Organization" and shows an interlocking
 set of puzzle pieces.  This is a link to the section of the site that
 describes the organization of the Enabling Support Foundation.

 The second icon represents "Education" and has a picture of a old-style
 single room American schoolhouse.  This is a link to the section of the
 site describing our educational programs and activities.

 The third icon represents "Investments" and is a stack of dollar bills
 held together with a rubber band.  This is a link to the section of the
 site which [the purpose of this particular site is unknown to Kynn]

 The fourth icon represents "Accomodations" and shows a woman in a
 wheelchair using a keyboard and a headset microphone to operate a
 computer.  This is a link to the section of the site that describes
 ESF's commitment to enable others through accommodation, advocacy, and
 community.

 The fifth icon represents "Research" and is a clipboard holding a
 checklist with a pencil actively checking off items on the checklist.
 This is a link to the section of the site that provides information
 on our research and development activities.

 The sixth icon represents "Affiliates" and shows a crowd of people of
 all types standing ready to help.  This is a link to our independent
 affiliates section which lists other related organizations who are
 our partners in our efforts."

This should be stored in a separate file and referenced from the main
page with both a LONGDESC attribute on the image and a little "d" or
"D" [lowercase or uppercase] that also serves as a link to the same
page.  The individual descriptions above should also contain hyperlinks
to the sections of the site as they are described.

Hope this helps!

[By the way, I used the first graphic at the site -- there appear to
be later attempts, in the /tryout/try2/ and /tryout/try3/ directories,
that use slightly different graphics and a "radial" layout with the
open hand description in the middle.  Email me if you need a text
description of those images as well.]