RE: Molyneux' Cube

A person who was blind from birth and had no experience of seeing cubes and
spheres would not recognize the difference without touching, during the
early part of newly seeing. Part of the problem is learning to pay attention
to edges as compared to other things in the environment.  Part of the
problem is the synthetic aspects of visual processing (synthesizing an
"object" from the individual sequential eye movements that actually
constitute seeing).

The person would already know how to do both of these with the sense of
touch.