Asking for too much?

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-hwg@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 13:19:19 -0700
To: "Chuck Hitchcock" <chitchcock@cast.org>
Cc: <love26@gorge.net>, <Lovey@aol.com>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
At 07:45 PM 6/17/1999 , Chuck Hitchcock wrote:
>>Kynn wrote: "At the very least, we'd like to see a "before" picture of an
>inaccessible page, and then an "after" picture that shows exactly what changes
>were necessary (and why) to improve the accessibility. [...]"

>Well, it is a lot to ask today.

You realize, of course, that the conclusion is that improved
understanding for limited textual comprehension users is
therefore too much to ask from run-of-the-mill web users?

If we can't pull together a concensus among experts on this
topic, then there's no way the average Jo Webmaster on the
street will ever be able to get her mind around this issue...