Re: QED & Marshall McLuhan

From: Ann Navarro <ann@webgeek.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 11:56:57 -0400
To: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Cc: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-hwg@idyllmtn.com>, w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
At 11:23 AM 6/11/99 -0400, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

> that I think it is precisely when you understand the
>symbolism of Picasso that it is accessible. And the deeper an understanding
>you have, the more accessible it is.

>Accessibility is about understanding.

But we're talking about Web accessibility.

If accessibility is about understanding, the WAI guidelines need some
serious additional work, because they provide access to content, not a
guarantee (nor even the mechanism) that anyone can understand that content.

Ann

---

Author of Effective Web Design: Master the Essentials
Buy it Online - http://www.webgeek.com/about.html
Coming this summer! --- Mastering XML

Founder, WebGeek Communications            http://www.webgeek.com
Vice President-Finance, HTML Writers Guild http://www.hwg.org