Re: QED & Marshall McLuhan

At 01:35 PM 6/8/1999 , Anne Pemberton wrote:
>	Went to the site to see what graphics were included with the story and
>found none. Not even a Packer's helmet or a football (the Packers is a
>football team, isn't it?? I'm totally sports-phobic except for Winston Cup
>auto racing) to clue the reader who or what the story is about.

I'm not sure I understand your critique, is it about "how they
could have done the story better" or is it about "accessibility
of the story"?  It seems to me that saying they need a football
on each page in order to make the site "accessible" is not really
an issue of access but of editorial/artistic judgment and design
criteria.

I have no idea how I would teach web designers that they MUST
include footballs on all football related web pages in order to
create accessible pages.  I am still completely lost and baffled
by the concepts that people are trying to express about web
sites being more accessible to those with cognitive disabilities
or inability to read.

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@hwg.org>
President, Governing Board Member