Re: QED & Marshall McLuhan

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-hwg@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 1999 19:09:47 -0700
To: Anne Pemberton <apembert@crosslink.net>
Cc: Kelly Ford <kford@teleport.com>, w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
At 01:35 PM 6/8/1999 , Anne Pemberton wrote:
>	Went to the site to see what graphics were included with the story and
>found none. Not even a Packer's helmet or a football (the Packers is a
>football team, isn't it?? I'm totally sports-phobic except for Winston Cup
>auto racing) to clue the reader who or what the story is about.

I'm not sure I understand your critique, is it about "how they
could have done the story better" or is it about "accessibility
of the story"?  It seems to me that saying they need a football
on each page in order to make the site "accessible" is not really
an issue of access but of editorial/artistic judgment and design

I have no idea how I would teach web designers that they MUST
include footballs on all football related web pages in order to
create accessible pages.  I am still completely lost and baffled
by the concepts that people are trying to express about web
sites being more accessible to those with cognitive disabilities
or inability to read.

Kynn Bartlett <kynn@hwg.org>
President, Governing Board Member
HTML Writers Guild <URL:http://www.hwg.org>
Director, Accessible Web Authoring Resources and Education Center