Re: QED & Marshall McLuhan

From: Robert Neff <rneff@moon.jic.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 19:54:02 -0700
To: "jonathan chetwynd" <jay@peepo.com>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
I have been folowing this with great interest and here is my reply.

The picture language is great but if we are addressing cognitive
undertanding, here are some thoughts.

A voice based web browser or a screen reader will provide people with
cognitive understandings and opportunity to hear the words.  This will also
provide text to be deciphered by the user.

If someone is using pictures to understand, then what level of education is
required for them to use the computer?

I am curious to know what the percentage of people in the world or a country
currently use this method and how many are not included? What are the
demographics and ages?

Is there an international standard for this methodology.

Seems the best way to resolve this is to have a translator for someone to
use  that translates HTML to picture.  and how complex will this be, that
is, what is the library?  Does it include math, science?

rob