Re: QED

At 01:19 PM 6/8/1999 , Sally Paveley wrote:
>However eloquently you argue about semantics the fact remains that people
>who have learning difficulties often have a problem with (accessing?)
>information because they don't understand it. That is the nature of their
>disability.  It may be interesting to pursue a philosophical arguement about
>whether or not this should be so but what really matters is the principle
>that people with learning difficulties, in common with all groups of people
>who have a disability, have a right to have their needs considered when
>information is being made available.  If you don't want to call that access
>then use another word; 'a rose by any other name'?  When people with
>learning difficulties talk about accessible information they mean
>information presented in a way they can understand.

How should this affect the design of a web site or the presentation
of the content?

You will find a very sympathetic audience when you argue that all
people should have their needs considered; we are merely waiting for
the follow-up that explains how to consider these needs.

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@hwg.org>
President, Governing Board Member