Re: Digital Economy Paper

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-hwg@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 1999 12:25:31 -0700
To: "Waddell, Cynthia" <cynthia.waddell@ci.sj.ca.us>
Cc: "'W3C interest group'" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
At 11:25 AM 6/3/1999 , Waddell, Cynthia wrote:
>I would like to express my appreciation to the State of Washington for
>posting a complete, accessible version of my paper, "The Growing Digital
>Divide in Access for People with Disabilities:  Overcoming Barriers to
>Participation" at http://www.aasa.dshs.wa.gov/access/waddell.htm  This paper
>is heavily annotated with resources and hyperlinks that should be helpful
>for understanding U.S. issues, law and policy impacting access to electronic
>and information technology.

The AWARE Center will link to this copy as well; the problem with
our HTML version is that none of our tools converted the _footnotes_
correctly, which contain lots of very valuable information.

For those of you who might do something similar in the future, the
solution is to use Office 2000 which _does_ preserve footnotes, as
opposed to Office 97 which strips them out when converting to HTML.

Rassa frassa broken software. :)

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@hwg.org>
President, Governing Board Member