Re: Fw: Acrobat 4.0 And PDF Accessibility

From: Bruce Bailey <bbailey@clark.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 13:04:57 -0400
To: "WAI IG" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>, "Charles McCathieNevile" <charles@w3.org>
Can anyone speak from experience about the difficulty of converting a
poorly-structure PDF document to one that is mostly accessible?

For example, if a PDF file is basically a series of text images (from, say,
a magazine article), and a (sighted) laborer is available to do the
after-the-fact transcription, how hard is it to create a new "accessible"
PDF file?  What tools are needed?  Does the new version of Acrobat change
any of this?

Thanks.

<w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>