request from a colleague

From: John O'Rourke <jorourke@cqi.com>
Date: Sat, 29 May 1999 18:17:34 -0400
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
John - thank you for running all these.  I will have to go to the
Bobby site
to see how to interpret the reports.  Do you have any suggestions
as to what
to do with ALT text if the message on the report says

"If any of the images on this page convey important information
beyond
what is in each image's alternative text, add (whatever is
appropriate such
as longdesc)..."

Also do you have any suggestions as to when to use style sheets?
For
instance, the report for Dialogue on Diversity, says to use style
sheets to
control layout and presentation, but we refrain from using style
sheets as
there are a lot of browsers that do not recognize this format and
we try to
design to the lowest common denominator.

Hi Folks,

I've received a request from a colleague.
Does anyone have any opinions.
[...]

John O'Rourke