Re: invisible spacer images and ALT text for them

From: Melvin J Waller Jr <wallerjm@ucs.orst.edu>
Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 10:51:04 -0700
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
I've been using the practice of using [ ALT="" ] to hide images without
important content and this passes acceptability checkers and the opinion of
most. However, why does pwSpeak choose to ignore this convention and
announce EVERY image in the page? I could see how this could be very
annoying to the visually impaired user who has to hear about all these
spacer gif's. Have you had any experience with other Accessibility Browsers
giving problems?

Joe