accessible listserves

From: Nancy Massey <massey@masseynet.com>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 15:58:54 -0400
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
A while back someone made a post and referred to a list that is served by

When a client of mine, a large organization for people with disabilities,
told me that they were going to use this service to establish a listserv, I
was concerned. When I ran the site  through Bobby it failed - not a
surprise there as so many do. With a little work it could pass the test,
but that is not my question here.

The concern I have for my client is that as a large visible organization
for people with disabilities that they are in a position to be leaders and
set standards. It would seem to be that associating with a list service
that is not accessible and promoting the inaccessible service with every
email that is sent - because ONEList inserts advertising much like Juno
does - is not in the best interest of the organization or to the disability

I would appreciate any thoughts or comments on this issue and any
suggestions for free or low cost list servers that are accessible.

thanks in advance,