News Watch: MSNBC Article on Web Accessibility

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Fri, 07 May 1999 17:13:54 -0700
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Anyone getting sick of me reposting these?  URL for MSNBC

Surprise!  This is actually a good one.  There is a discussion
forum which has a few items of interest but no blatant dis-
information there or in the article.  (Okay, I did find one
problem, apparently WCAG is the "first-ever" set of technical
guidelines; not true.)

A good forum posting there is:

Date:  First City Site to be 100% accessible!!
Fri May 7 13:21:08

Check out the first (and only I think) Police Department site on the
to have achieved Level Triple-A Conformance!!  Take a look!!

Many, Many Thanks to the W3C for all their hard work and the good
folks over at CAST for their continued efforts to make the web a fun
and informative place for EVERYONE!!!!!

Eileen's email address seems to be mailto:webmaster@putergirl.com
and you may want to drop her a note after checking out her site to
congratulate her on her accomplishment AND the fact that she's
out publically spreading the word!  (Although, to be honest, I could
find a FEW nits to pick with the site...)

Become AWARE of Web Accessibility!                  http://aware.hwg.org/
Dan Shafer likes AWARE, so will you!          http://www.kynn.com/+shafer
Next Trip:  Toronto, Canada (13 May-17 May)              http://www8.org/