Re: abbr and acronym tags

From: Robert Neff <rneff@moon.jic.com>
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 22:45:45 -0700
To: "Nancy Massey" <massey@masseynet.com>
Cc: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Early last year when I have used the TITLE tag, I found that the previous
pwWebSpeak read both the TItle and the Alt tag.  So if I used the same words
to dsecribe both, I would have repeated word strings.  Dont remember how
Lynx and other tools reacted.

Therefore I found  the use of a Title and Alt tag to be a design
consideration.  Since I have not read the newly released Web Content
Guidelines, not sure how to comment.  Also I have not tested this in a long
while with other browsers and pwWebSpeak, maybe others have comments?  Would
test, but pwWeSpeak is at work.

rob