web pages for non readers some thoughts

From: David Poehlman <poehlman@clark.net>
Date: Wed, 05 May 1999 00:09:21 -0400
To: WAI Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
This is not a new issue with out parallel.  We have special symbols
all over the place for just such accommodations.  am I missing
something here?  Has not Anne Pemberton spoken of similar topics on
this vary list?

This could actually provide web sites with a wider audience
demographically.  instead of starting to use the web at say 6 or 7,
kids could begin using it before learning to read.

a tool like:
t o m at:

could be devised to make pages cooperate by removing excessive text.
Hands-On Technolog(eye)s
Touching The Internet:
Voice: 301.949.7599
Dynamic Solutions Inc.