More on Usability & the Bottom-Line

From: Patrick Burke <burke@ucla.edu>
Date: Mon, 03 May 1999 10:14:47 -0700
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
I hadn't heard of him before today, but Donald Norman is a Jakob Nielsen
collaborator & apparently has a long track record in the usable design world.

His sig contains the following promising motto:

Donald A. Norman,  Nielsen Norman Group
User Advocacy is the passion, Human-Centered Design the means.
norman@nngroup.com --  http://www.NNGroup.com
Personal web site  --  http://www.jnd.org

And this nifty quote from:

http://www.jnd.org/hcd_website_design.html

"Ever go to a company website and discover that in order to find something,
you have to wade through pages of irrelevancies, and guess the companies
organizational structure? Who cares about how the company is organized, we
want information -- we might even want to buy something."

So some further investigation in this direction might be fruitful.

Patrick