More coverage of federal accessibility requirements

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Sat, 01 May 1999 16:47:02 -0700
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
This one is at:

http://www.freedomforum.org/technology/1999/4/30handicapaccess.asp

The spin taken by these reporters is somewhat disturbing;
everyone seems to be hinting at something ominous and nasty
at work here when really it's the government saying "we have
to make our government work for ALL Americans and can't simply
cut out the disabled."

There is a forum for discussion on the site; already someone
(Jamie McCarthy, thank you if you're reading this!) has posted
a rebuttal and dissection of the negative spin.  Feel free to
dive in, if you can figure out how to post.

As you can tell, I'm following this story with a large degree
of interest and am very bothered by the way things are being
distorted, as the paranoid rantings of a view could SERIOUSLY
damage the cause of accessible web authoring.

Become AWARE of Web Accessibility!                  http://aware.hwg.org/
Dan Shafer likes AWARE, so will you!          http://www.kynn.com/+shafer
Next Trip:  Toronto, Canada (13 May-17 May)              http://www8.org/