One site fits all?

From: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 07:59:25 -0700
To: "w3c-wai-ig@w3.org" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
The question of having separate (but equal <grin>) versions of Web
postings is raised by Anne Pemberton (apembert@crosslink.net) in a
recent post to Webwatch concerning the Chicago Tribune site at, e.g.:

http://chicagotribune.com/news/printedition/

AP:: "I think this is an example of a page that cannot accommodate
"everyone" with the same page. The more I learn about the accommodations
desired by various communities including the disabled of all flavors,
the more I am convinced that we will need several versions of pages to
accommodate "everyone"..."

When we work on various guidelines we strive mightily to disprove this
notion and I feel it's in the same vein as the notion that Web
appearance must be "dumbed down" to accommodate DPWs.  What say you all?
--
Love.
            ACCESSIBILITY IS RIGHT - NOT PRIVILEGE