How to Write a Simple Form for submission by e-mail

From: Richard Caloggero <rcaloggero@bhcc.state.ma.us>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 12:33:41 -0400
To: "'WAI List'" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
How do I write a simple form for submission by e-mail. Seems to me you can
just use a mailto: url as the action attribute of an html form element like
this:
<form name=seek method=POST action="mailto:rcaloggero@bhcc.state.ma.us">
I've tried using method = GET as well as POST -- it just warns me about
e-mail submission and puts me in my mail program with a blank message.
Shouldn't it at least have the names of the input fields along with their
values as strings like "qt=Something"?

Sorry for the newbie question.

					Rich