Re: text streaming

I would also be interested, but I'm trying to "cut and
paste" simple existing freeware, applets, etc. to achieve
the same effect.

One idea I just had is to use ICQ or one of the equivalent,
free, real-time relays of "chat" or e-text.

Hypothetical example:
If the RealVideo material to be viewed requires
captions/text to accompany it, then

1. Place a link to ICQ with the link to start the RealVideo
(or other presentation)-ICQ link notifies
    others when selected "members"(RealVideo viewers) are
online.

2. The ICQ link can activate a pre-defined display window at
RealVideo viewer's screen (maybe
    requiring a free Java script or just an html script)

3. Timing and synching of the text display could require a
simple notice for user operation to
    advance to next frame with arrow key, simply be timed to
fit, or use another script to read time
    counter display from RealVideo.

If anybody knows better - and can keep me from wasting
time - your tips wold be appreciated.

Greg