Re: accessible PDFs?

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-hwg@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 10:16:36 -0800
To: "Kristine M. Bradow" <kbradow@ece.eng.wayne.edu>
Cc: W3C Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>, Bob Erlandson <rerlands@ece.eng.wayne.edu>
The Harvey Mudd College policy is to avoid using PDF whenever
possible, and if we _do_ use it, to describe the file's contents,
size, and format; provide links to the Adobe page for downloading
a reader; and always have a link to http://access.adobe.com/ which
has a crude conversion utility.

Our policy is (for now) at:

http://www3.hmc.edu/~kynn/policy/pdf.html

It's not yet fully implemented on our site because, hey, I just

--
Kynn Bartlett  <kynn@idyllmtn.com>             http://www.idyllmtn.com/~kynn/
Chief Technologist & Co-Owner, Idyll Mountain Internet; Fullerton, California