revisitting the html to word to html issue

From: David Poehlman <poehlman@clark.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 18:20:58 -0500
To: WAI Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
well, I have several responses and only one seems to report degradation
such as taking out alt tags.  I have an example that did not loos the
alts.
I wonder if there is some way that word.97 can be configured to make
certain the results are correct.  it was word.97 that produced the
correct results, but I believe that word.97 was also reported not to
have produced correct results.
I have not exptensively compaired the two html documents, and there are
some differences such as the metta equiv that is in the word output and
absent from the original, but all in all a glance seems to indicate no
degradation.
--
Hands-On Technolog(eye)s
Touching The Internet