Re: DSL

From: Claude Sweet <sweetent@home.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 1998 13:18:51 -0800
To: rcn@fenix2.dol-esa.gov
CC: "WAI (E-mail)" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Cox Cable began offering cable modem services in our area of San Diego
early last year.  We waited two years as they installed new cables and
our neighborhood finally came on line.

My connection costs in August were:

       $99.00  Installation (one time fee to run line from cable box
        28.95  monthly charge
         9.67  cable modem month rental until prices fall
        30.00  purchase of Ethernet card (installed it myself)

Please note that the monthly Internet access fee includes a $10 discount
as I am also a customer for the Cox cable TV service.

Hope this information helps.

Claude Sweet