Re: Seeking addresses for various W3 documents as plain text

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-hwg@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 1998 20:13:30 -0800
To: Jamal Mazrui <empower@smart.net>
Cc: <jasonw@ariel.ucs.unimelb.EDU.AU>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
At 11:56 p.m. 12/06/98 +0400, Jamal Mazrui wrote:
>I do maintain that plain text is superior for
>universal accessibility over any other single format.

Actually, HTML is better because it allows for embedding of
structure and meta-content that doesn't exist in plain
text.

Granted, there's a problem right now in that some of the tools
that exist now are designed only to work with plain text and
not with HTML -- but I suspect this will change soon in the
future.  (If not HTML itself, then XML or another descendant.)

--
Kynn Bartlett  <kynn@idyllmtn.com>             http://www.idyllmtn.com/~kynn/
Chief Technologist & Co-Owner, Idyll Mountain Internet; Fullerton, California