Re: Web-hosting services

From: Nir Dagan <nir@nirdagan.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 1998 02:35:00 GMT
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
"Internet Hosting Services are another big commodity and I do not know how
accessible they are making their sites and ways to upload information and to
interact with the server. Most have a control panel where you can interface
with the server. I thought the topic to be interesting as a way to see how
to select a good ISP for you.  I do not believe these sites are built for
accessibility."

It is my impression from free space providers, that some of their
web interface may be not that accessible and that their "web development"
interface consistently creates HTML with poor inaccessible markup.
(i.e., images without alt)

IMHO, the major problem here is that these services give bad education
to young people.

On the other hand, a great deal of hosting services allow to upload files
by ftp. Even those free space providers like tripod and angelfire allow for
that. FTP shouldn't cause any accessibility problems as line-command FTP
clients are available.

Nir Dagan, Ph.D.
http://www.nirdagan.com
mailto:nir@nirdagan.com

"There is nothing quite so practical as a good theory."
-- A. Einstein