RE: information access at chicago transit authority

From: Robert Neff <rcn@fenix2.dol-esa.gov>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 17:12:07 -0500
To: "W3c-Wai-Ig@W3.Org" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
I cannot remember what the individual was using to access the Chicago site.
However, I believe Lynx 2.8 is SSL compliant (AL, can answer that one -
despite the fact that I have already asked him and forgot).  PwWebSpeak is
working on a SSL compliant version.  Cant answer for JFW or WinVision, can
anyone else?

SSL is more secure than an open line and it offers better security than when
I give my card to the waiter who disappears into another room.  SSL provides
browser to server security.  If someone breaks this, then they are more than
a novice hacker.

I'd be more concerned as to how  the CTA is maintaining the data and
servers.  But that is getting off the subject.

SSL is good and the browser manufactures need to hurry and be complaint.  I
can't believe that their business development teams missed this product
discriminator.

rob