WHAT?? (WWW HTML Accessibility Tool)

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 17:55:25 -0800
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
I haven't seen any mention of this on the WAI list (but maybe
I missed it), but there's something developed by Jon
Gunderson of UIUC called "WHAT" that apparently is a Windows
95/NT tool for adding accessibility considerations to web
pages.  It's still in "prototype" stage, near as I can tell
from the web site, but the goals are certainly appropriate
ones.  The version number 0.10.

I've played with it a little and it's limited, but I expect
that's because it's still very young.  Right now it only seems
to be able to let you play with the image attributes, including
ALT, TITLE, LONGDESC, and D-Links.  It uses Internet Explorer
4.0's rendering engine, so you need to have that installed.

Here's the URL:

  http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/what/

Cute software -- I look forward to seeing WHAT it can do in
the future.

--
Kynn Bartlett  <kynn@idyllmtn.com>             http://www.idyllmtn.com/~kynn/
Chief Technologist & Co-Owner, Idyll Mountain Internet; Fullerton, California