Dealing with Artistes

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 12:10:28 -0800
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Sometimes when trying to explain the importance of accessibility
to web authors, and they run out of reasonable arguments against
it :), they produce something akin to the following:

   But I'm an artiste'!  My work is purely graphical and
   means nothing to someone is blind; they are not the
   target audience for my gallery of visual artwork, and
   so I don't need to be concerned with them.

What do you feel is the best response to this -- or are they
right?

--
Kynn Bartlett  <kynn@idyllmtn.com>             http://www.idyllmtn.com/~kynn/
Chief Technologist & Co-Owner, Idyll Mountain Internet; Fullerton, California