Re: Washington Post editoral: Claims Against Common Sense

From: Brian Kelly <lisbk@ukoln.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 16:43:31 -0000
To: David Poehlman <poehlman@clark.net>
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org, Kynn Bartlett <kynn-hwg@idyllmtn.com>

>I'm not knocking what you say, but what's freer than notepad?

I agree that Notepad (or emacs or vi) is a cheap solution for producing
simple accessible pages.  But if you want richer functional pages (and I'm
not just talking about design here) you'll want more powerful editors.  For
example, if you want your resource to be easily found, you'll want to use
Dublin Core, and although it's not too difficult to add a few META tags by
hands, you wouldn't want to do this with RDF.  In addition using an editor
means you'll have to use a separate HTML validator.

Brian Kelly