Re: Using Netscape Composer...

From: John Whelan <whelan@itp.unibe.ch>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 12:43:29 +0100
To: bbailey@clark.net, tmccain@butler.edu
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
> Here at Butler, we have been training new web authors with Composer for
> most of a year because
>
> 1) It is the only web authoring package the university will buy because
>
>    a) it is free.

Emacs-choose-your-favorite-HTML-compositon-mode (mine is psgml) is also free.
But true enough, it only works if users are willing to learn HTML (which is
just not that hard, dammit!).  Given the reality that way too many pages are
written by folks who refuse to use anything but their WYSIWYG editors, it's
about flippin' time those editors produced compliant/accessible code.  Have they
also started including a more useful default NOFRAMES than "This document uses
frames, but your browser doesn't support them" (which makes me want to slap the
page author, the software engineer, or both)?

                                        John T. Whelan
                                        whelan@iname.com
                                        http://www.slack.net/~whelan/