multilingual braille question

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charlesn@srl.rmit.EDU.AU>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 14:47:50 +1100 (EST)
To: WAI <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Is there anyone out there who can tell me whether I have this right?

As I understand it braille is usually abbreviated, and that there are
different conventions for abbreviation depending on the language. In
other words there is French braille and German braille. If this is the
case, is there a poassibility that a sentence written in one language and
contracted will appear to be logical in another language, but have a
different meaning. And if so, will this occur more than once in any
person's lifetime?

Charles McCathieNevile