RE: Validators that don't validate (was RE: Cold Fusion)

From: David Norris <kg9ae@geocities.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 12:35:52 -0500
To: "Liam Quinn" <liam@htmlhelp.com>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
> >When in doubt, I refer to the W3C for the correct answer.
> >It is a matter of knowing where to look when an error occurs.
> In my mind,
> >W3C is always the definitive source.
>
> FWIW, the W3C Validator is not infallible.  Take, for example, the
> following three URLs:

Well, actually I should have been clearer.  I am referring to the W3C specs
not the validator.  I wouldn't blindly trust the validator on a particular
issue if I thought it was wrong.  Many folks probably would, though.

I will have a look at the WDG validator.  A second check never hurts.

,David Norris

Illusionary Web - http://illusionary.dyn.ml.org/ <-- 02:00 - 10:00 GMT
Video/Audio Phone - callto:illusionary.dyn.ml.org
Page via mail - 412039@pager.mirabilis.com
ICQ Universal Internet Number - 412039
E-Mail - kg9ae@geocities.com