Re: Cold Fusion

From: Chris Kreussling <CHRIS.KREUSSLING@ny.frb.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 14:25:19 -0500
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
>>> <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org> (Jess Chaiken) 11/10 1:47 PM >>>
Hi! Does anyone have experience with Allaire's authoring and development
tools with regard to accessibility issues? These include Cold Fusion and
HomeSite.

Any comments? Recommendations?
<<<

I'm using ColdFusion 3.1.1 to develop a simple database query application. The form is HTML with optional client-side JavaScript form validation. I'm not using any of ColdFusion's built-in forms generation.

Version 3.1.1, at least, supports HTML 4.0 but has no accessibility-specific features. The HTML syntax checker built into CF Studio (the developer client) recognizes most of HTML 4.0. It complains about the ACCESSKEY attribute on a form <SELECT> tag, but that's the only problem I've encountered with it.

I have no experience with HomeSite.

<author>Chris Kreussling</author>
<disclaimer>The views expressed are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the position of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York or the Federal Reserve System.</disclaimer>