Re[2]: Accessible websites

From: <karl.hebenstreit@gsa.gov>
Date: 30 Oct 98 14:32:00 -0500
To: anaworth@usp.br, kynn-hwg@idyllmtn.com
cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Good idea, Kynn:
Here are links to show who's linking to Bobby from Infoseek (1982), AltaVista
(3294), and Hotbot (902), respectively:

Karl Hebenstreit, Jr.
Center for Information Technology Accommodation (CITA)
website:  http://www.itpolicy.gsa.gov/cita

Subject:    Re: Accessible websites
Author: "kynn bartlett" <kynn-hwg@idyllmtn.com>
Date:       10/23/98 6:59 PM

At 09:27 a.m. 10/23/98 -0300, Ana Duckworth wrote:
>Just a question that I don't know if was already posted in this list:
>what is the percentage of websites in the net provinding acessibility to
>special needs persons according W3C Guidelines? Where can I usually find
>statistics about this issue?

As a guess?  I'd say fewer than 1% are in compliance with the WAI

Probably about 20% are "mostly accessible" due to the use of ALT
text.  That's probably WAY optimistic on my part, but I try to
think positive. ;)

Try doing an AltaVista search to see how many Bobby logos you can
find. ;)

Kynn Bartlett  <kynn@idyllmtn.com>             http://www.idyllmtn.com/~kynn/
Chief Technologist & Co-Owner, Idyll Mountain Internet; Fullerton, California
Enroll now for my online stylesheets (CSS) class! http://www.hwg.org/classes/
The voice of the future?   http://www.hwg.org/opcenter/w3c/voicebrowsers.html