Re: Two new sites

From: Pawan Vora <pvora@uswest.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 23:06:46 -0600
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Hi,

>At 11:17 p.m. 10/24/98 -0500, Charles F. Munat wrote:
>>On my copy of pwWebspeak, it reads the title tags, too. So going from alt
>>title doesn't seem to make any difference. And it seems pointless to me to
>>use an Alt="" attribute just for the sake of Bobby Approval.

When I have a vertical rule, I use ALT="|"... similarly when there is a
graphical image for the bullet (when I _have_ to use it!), I use ALT="*" for
the first level, and ALT="-" for the second level rather than saying
ALT="bullet". Also, I now avoid using spacer GIFs, but when I did, I used to
use ALT=" ". With the space in the alt text, I thought that I wasn't putting
unnecessary text and still conveying the message of space. Although, with
this practice, I get Bobby approval, do you all think it's a good practice?
Or, do you think there is a better convention?

Pawan...
--
Pawan R. Vora
U S WEST