Re: Accessible websites

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-hwg@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 18:59:47 -0700
To: Ana Duckworth <anaworth@usp.br>
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
At 09:27 a.m. 10/23/98 -0300, Ana Duckworth wrote:
>Just a question that I don't know if was already posted in this list:
>what is the percentage of websites in the net provinding acessibility to
>special needs persons according W3C Guidelines? Where can I usually find
>statistics about this issue?

As a guess?  I'd say fewer than 1% are in compliance with the WAI
guidelines.

Probably about 20% are "mostly accessible" due to the use of ALT
text.  That's probably WAY optimistic on my part, but I try to
think positive. ;)

Try doing an AltaVista search to see how many Bobby logos you can
find. ;)

--
Kynn Bartlett  <kynn@idyllmtn.com>             http://www.idyllmtn.com/~kynn/
Chief Technologist & Co-Owner, Idyll Mountain Internet; Fullerton, California