RE: The Difficulty of Talking About Accessibility for the *

From: Ann Navarro <ann@webgeek.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 1998 09:07:19 -0400
To: Harvey Bingham <hbingham@ACM.org>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
At 06:13 AM 10/6/98 -0400, Harvey Bingham wrote:

>I hope we can convey the "Electronic Curb Cut" ideas that go with
>universal design, with enough redundancy alternatives to support
>hands-free, eyes-free access, ears-free options. Accessibility in
>these contexts applies to enable and include, not patronize.

Of course, and our intention is to do so, and our purpose is to educate.

What's disheartening is that when we do so, we are given objections based
on minor phraseology, rather than material action.

Ann
---

Author of Effective Web Design: Master the Essentials
Buy it online! http://www.webgeek.com/about.html

Owner, WebGeek Communications          http://www.webgeek.com
Vice President-Finance, HTML Writers Guild http://www.hwg.org