Re: VoxML- adding speech interfaces to Web applications and content.

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-hwg@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 1998 11:26:14 -0700
To: "B.K. DeLong" <bkdelong@naw.org>
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
At 02:17 p.m. 10/01/98 -0400, B.K. DeLong wrote:
>http://www.news.com/News/Item/0,4,26966,00.html
>http://VoxML.mot.com/

I get the feeling it will be a topic of discussion at the Voice
Browsers meeting this month. :)

My concern is this -- I don't fancy the idea of having to maintain
a different set of pages of each different medium that comes
along.  Thus I'm worried about the idea of 'VoxML' for voice-based
pages and 'HTML' for visually focused pages.  To me, that is a
step in the wrong direction, and I hope that isn't the step that
Motorola is taking here.

But if you want to read more of my thoughts on Voice Browsers and
HTML, there's a link in my .sig.

--
Kynn Bartlett  <kynn@idyllmtn.com>             http://www.idyllmtn.com/~kynn/
Chief Technologist & Co-Owner, Idyll Mountain Internet; Fullerton, California