Re: The Difficulty of Talking About Accessibility for the *

From: Wayne Crotts <wcrotts@arches.uga.edu>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 17:14:05 -0400
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Though not readily available as it should be, there is a 'person first'
protocol of language that is being urged into use when referring to persons
with disabilities. It is the APA standard, currently.   I can send a
brochure on this to you by snail mail or by fax.    I am trying to get this
information onto our web site, but alas, no time, no time.  Maybe I will get
a chance in November or December.

Wayne

Wayne Crotts
Information and Computer Services Support
Institute on Human Development and Disability
A University Affiliated Program
College of Family & Consumer Sciences
University of Georgia
Athens, GA