RE: Re: Adobe And TRACE Launch Enhanced PDF Access Via Email

From: Kelly Ford <kford@teleport.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 1998 16:56:46 -0700
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
I don't want to start a debate here but my personal opinion is that all
thse converters do as much harm as good.  If you ask me pdf is a
problematic file format at best for people that are blind.  I recently
tried to convert a batch of IRS documents and the results were disasterous.
 Yet the person at the IRS knew all about these converters and pointed me
directly to them and seemed oh so very pleased that the documents would be
made accessible by this convert technology.