Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 01:10:33 -0600
From: GeoCities World     Report <world_report@list.geocities.com>
To: GeoCities World Report <world_report@list.geocities.com>
Subject: GeoCities Watermark Upgrade

Dear Homesteader,

Our first Watermark improvement is almost ready for release. This
week we will be adding a dynamic link to the Watermark that points
to a specific avenue, highlighting homesteads that are similar to
yours.

The way it works: If you have a great page about your favorite poet,
then the Watermark on that page will point to the Arts & Literature
avenue; if we don't yet have your page categorized, then we'll point
to the most appropriate avenue based on the neighborhood you've
joined (so if you're a Motor City homesteader it will point to
Autos).

This link will be described in the alt-text for the Watermark --
the text that appears when you run your mouse over the image.
Currently, the Watermark alt-text reads "Welcome To GeoCities."
In the new version, it will read, "Click to see more great pages
on ____________." We believe this will help visitors understand that
there are more great, similar home pages available for them to
explore.

To facilitate this upgrade, we will be removing the Watermark from
all GeoCities and homesteader pages on Tuesday night for 24 hours.
The improved Watermark will surface on Thursday morning.

Thank you for choosing GeoCities as your home on the Web!

Sincerely,

Tom Evans
CEO and President
GeoCities