re:Accessibility is a Right

At 07:06 a.m. 08/19/98 -0700, William Loughborough wrote:
>Kynn: "Where do rights come from, and who makes the decision, "this is a
>right"?"

>WL:: The "slogan" is without any "a" but includes it by implication so
>that the idea of accessibility being "the right thing" as well as being
>"a right" is included.

Good point.  I agree that accessibility is _right_, I just am
curious about the support for accessibility as "a right".

>The idea of "rights", at least in the U.S. [...]

None of which I disagree with in the context of the U.S., except
to note that the ADA doesn't apply to everyone on this list, since
they're not Americans. :)

--
Kynn Bartlett  <kynn@idyllmtn.com>             http://www.idyllmtn.com/~kynn/
Chief Technologist & Co-Owner, Idyll Mountain Internet; Fullerton, California