Accessibility is a Right

At 03:50 p.m. 08/19/98 +1000, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
>If people are looking for a quick pat on the back they are barking up the
>wrong tree. As Will Loughborough (Love) says, Accessibility is a right,
>not a privelige.

Out of curiousity, what exactly makes it a right?

I hope this won't start a flamewar.

I'm just wondering what makes accessibility a right, if Internet
access itself is _not_ a right for the general public, at least,
not that I've been told.  Where do rights come from, and who
makes the decision, "this is a right"?

Again, no flames please, and bear in mind that we're on the same
side -- I just want to hear the logic behind this statement.

--
Kynn Bartlett  <kynn@idyllmtn.com>             http://www.idyllmtn.com/~kynn/
Chief Technologist & Co-Owner, Idyll Mountain Internet; Fullerton, California